Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Let’s see… where was I?

I finished the third draft about May 18th and a few days later received five pages of notes from a 4 ½ hour meeting between Warren and JB Rogers, the director who has now signed on. JB directed AMERICAN PIE 2 and some other movies in the genre, so he’s a great choice for POOL BOY.

Did you catch that? A producer and a director met to discuss a script that I wrote in actual pre-production terms. Try to imagine for a moment how much I hated not attending that meeting…

No, it was worse.

To be fair, no one knew to meeting would be so in-depth – JB hadn’t even officially signed on at that point. Warren only expected an hour sit-down and a few ideas. If I’d known what it would turn out to be, I’d have flown out for it.

Anyway, about a week after the notes from that meeting came my way, I turned in a fourth draft (yeah, that's four drafts in two months if you're keeping score) and wrote a synopsis for Warren to send out to agencies.

And it appears, for now, anyway, my work on POOL BOY is done. I'm catching back up with my life and my manager is waiting for me to come up with some new spec ideas to develop and market and get me some meetings out there.

In related news, I thought this was kinda cool…


('Though this Julie O'Hara chick is beginning to annoy me...)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made it happen! It is pretty wild that a name producer and a big time director are discussing your script..... seriously that is awesome!

You on IMDB now.

You can relax and write other spec projects or take assignments or whatever.

I can't even imagine how thrilled you are.

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The previous post is from Cecil.

Thanks for sharing your exploits. I think it is amazing. Not that you aren't super talented, what I mean is, it is amazing!

Anyone who can sell a script has dome something mind boggling.

Cecil

4:32 PM  
Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Kind of? No. That may be one of the single coolest things I've ever seen --

12:44 AM  
Blogger aggiebrett said...

[beer salute]
.
.
.
B

8:02 AM  
Blogger Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Ah. IMDB. You're real now. Whenever I get a new project posted on IMDB, I do a little snoopy dance, cuz now all my biz friends will know that my recent cocktail talk isnt bulloney.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Systemaddict said...

That's just pure AWESOME SAUCE...

:)

Jamie

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool?... heck yeah

5:40 PM  
Blogger Chesher Cat said...

awesome...awesome...awesome...

I have a spare room for you when you come to L.A.

1:55 AM  
Anonymous Stained Glass New South Memphis said...

Great blog I ennjoyed reading

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home