Saturday, April 01, 2006

You’re not privy to the new shit...

It's crazy, but new shit has come to light.

A few days ago -- about a week after signing with my manager -- I optioned POOL BOY to one of those producers whose movies you’ve seen more than once.

The emails, IMs and phone calls started immediately -- and frequently -- so I’m pretty used to them, already.

He says he wants to start shooting it in the fall and has already given his investors a heads-up. I wasn’t even going to mention this here, in case it all falls apart, but I told people the minute I knew I was pregnant the first time and was happy for the support when I miscarried a few weeks later… so there you go.

I’m excited about the possibility of this actually happening, but really haven’t thought about the “movie part” much – just focusing on the rewrite and squeezing all the comedic, real-life moments out of these characters that I can.

I’m also working on a treatment for an in-house project with my manager and another producer of note and don’t want to lose any momentum on that one – I’m really falling in love with the story and characters and look forward to putting them on the page.

So, I’m busy as hell juggling two projects, a part-time paralegal gig, mommying and wife-ing, but I’ve never been happier.

Thanks, everybody, for the congrats and well-wishes, like a bunch of virtual hugs. Hugs back at y’all…

13 Comments:

Blogger Scott the Reader said...

Wow. More congrats :-) (And here's hoping that Pool Boy is... Rob Schneider!)

7:20 PM  
Blogger Julie O'Hora said...

Thanks, Scott!

(And long as we're hoping, let's make it Seann William Scott and you've got a deal.)

7:21 PM  
Blogger aggiebrett said...

I think PB could be a breakout role for Frankie Muniz.

And we'll know who to blame.

But until that humilation, congrats, puddinhead.

xoxox
.
.
.
green for good reason B

3:29 AM  
Blogger writergurl said...

Hey, that's great news! Congrats! I just stumbled onto your blog 'cause OneSlackMartian was braggin on ya.

Best of luck and I TOTALLY feel ya on the self imposed deadline. I did that to myself for the Writer's Arc competition. If you want a blow-by-nerve racking-blow story, it's on my blog.

Best of luck and congrats!

1:15 PM  
Blogger bironic said...

Just found your blog. I'm jealous as hell, but congratulations!!! Rock on!

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's the coolest cat around? Don't be shy, it's you.

ted

11:16 AM  
Blogger William said...

Hell yeah! I've been a silent lurker of your blog in the past and just wanted to say congrats!! Hey, we're all related in some way in the scribosphere. Six Degrees of Dave Anaxagoras.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did I not know you had a blog til now?

Congrats!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Julie forgot to put "APRIL FOOLS!" at the end of her post.

Nevertheless, congratulations :)

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie,

You have a great opportunity. It is going to be really hard working PT, being a Mom, wife, writer, shopper, dog walker, ice cream eater, etc., etc....

What you have to do is crowd all that out and get in touch with your "voice." That is why they hired you. You have a voice that no one else has. Let it go! Reach deep and let it go big time! Good luck.

Cecil

2:05 PM  
Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

It's sounding good, hope is goes smoothly!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Awesome! Congrats! And btw, El Duderino over here appreciates the title of this post!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Thomas Crymes said...

Exciting stuff. You're balancing a lot of stuff and getting it done.

Gives the rest of us little or no excuse to not get it done.

Congrats!

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home