Friday, March 17, 2006

It's Alive!

I haven’t abandoned this blog, really.

Just been busy outlining new projects and marketing
EROTIC MUSINGS OF AN AMERICAN HOUSEWIFE.

I’ve done pretty well getting it read, despite being presently-unrepped.

A couple producers of films you’ve seen more than once have requested reads. A few agents and managers who represent writers, directors and actors you’ve heard of have requested reads. Somehow, I’ve been able to send ‘em and forget about ‘em, which has been happy news for my sanity.

Had a great conversation with a manager last week. Good news was he liked my voice and wanted to see my POOL BOY script as soon as I mentioned it. Bad news was I’d just looked at POOL BOY for the first time in about a year and-- I dunno, it’s like… weeds grew all over it while I was gone or something.

I told the manager I’d need about two weeks to rewrite (knowing that would be cutting it close). He said, How ‘bout next Friday? I said, Done.

Which gave me nine days.

Nothing like a non-self-imposed deadline to light a fire under your ass. Well, mine, anyway. I haven’t been that focused on anything since I had to push baby Malfoy out of my body without benefit of drugs.

A few days later, I decided to bust my goal and told the manager I’d have the script ready to send to him by Thursday (even though it was looking like the Bride of Frankenstein in 12 pt Courier, at that point).

And… I did it.

Sent it over last night and got a nice little shot of endorphins as I clicked “Send.”

Now, onto the next…

5 Comments:

Blogger Scott the Reader said...

Congrats. Even though you didn't let me read it :-)

2:16 AM  
Blogger Julie O'Hora said...

Thanks!

And, Scott, you already did your time on POOL BOY. I wouldn't put you through a re-read.

I mean, y'know, unless you begged. ;)

2:43 PM  
Blogger aggiebrett said...

OH-- NOW I see how it works.

Scott rates a pity pass on repeat reads, while I get thrown back into the pit for another rinse and spin cycle. "Thank you ma'am, may I have another."

No respect, I tell ya-- no respect at all.
.
.
.
rodney-esque B

PS-- congrats, damn you!

1:10 AM  
Blogger Ron Oda said...

hi julie,

i thought you killed this blog off for bigger and better things...

congrats on your reads... we just got into a couple of festivals just recently ourselves

good luck!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Adam Renfro said...

Whoo hooo for you!
You're forgiven for not bloggin' then.

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home