Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Hit me baby one more time

Sorry I’ve been scarce, but you don’t want me to write when I have nothing to say, do you? I’ve always made it a point not to post anything here unless I was feeling an emotion I wanted to share or I had some sort of interesting news.

It’s not that nothing’s going on lately, but there haven’t been any big blogworthy moments or epiphanies. However, I hate to see all your hits go unrewarded, so here’s a mishmash of some of the stuff in my head (you've been warned):

POOL BOY is still scheduled to begin shooting in late October in Louisiana. A couple of actors you know have expressed interest and will hopefully sign on. (Yes, I do have a calendar, but this is what I’ve been told.)

I’m having fun with my new dramedy, THE MIDDLE AGES. My manager dug the beat sheet I sent and asked me to flesh it out. He wanted more details and more of a feel for the characters, so I’m now writing my first treatment and it’s going well.

Oh yeah – Bill has found a home in THE MIDDLE AGES as both antagonist and love interest. He’s happy to have something new to sink his teeth into (he’s so method).

In less-happy news... sigh... Steve Irwin. I wasn't a rabid fan, but I enjoyed his show and I’ve been haunted by his death. It finally hit me yesterday –- what makes his death particularly hard for me to accept is that Steve always seemed more alive than other people.

I think there’s something in that idea to inform written characters, too, something to do with degrees of change... But I’m still working it out for myself, so I’ll let you find your own meaning in that, if you choose. And if you do, I’d love to hear about it, ‘cause I can talk about this stuff all day long.

6 Comments:

Blogger aggiebrett said...

Methinks you have badly misunderstood the whole raison d'être for these here fantabulous fangled newly "blogs"-- it's not about posting when you have something worthwhile to say. Any damned fool can do that (don't believe me? Pick a link—any link).

No, it's about posting when you have nothing to say, and then saying it at greater length than if you had something useful or interesting to say.

Dull is the new fascinating. I'll make sure you get another copy of the memo.
.
.
.
TPR B

12:06 AM  
Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

Shocked about the Irwin death. Also not a huge fan but he was an interesting dude, and at least made animals/reptiles/the environment "fun" or at least more accessible to kids. An awful way to go.

Good luck with The Middle Ages. Great title.

12:34 AM  
Blogger wcdixon said...

yes - posting doesn't need a reason...an inciting incident perhaps, but not a reason.

4:33 PM  
Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Posting requires a purpose? Oh man, what am I gonna do with all this porpoise food?

1:51 PM  
Blogger Grumpy O. Selznick said...

dont know the pool boy budget, but if the actors arent getting big money (and since its genre, or sounds like, prolly they arent compared to other roles in non genre movies) screwy as it seems, they often wait as long as possible to commit in case some better offer comes in. Casting on my movies always seemed to happen in bunches (apart from any ppl who were attached before i picked the project up). You prolly know this, but plenty of roles get cast after shooting has begun. And hopefully, whoever is paying for Pool Party isnt greenlighting based on the presence of some particular person or class of actor.

12:54 AM  
Blogger Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Oh, and if the material is good and they do their jobs, you'll do fine with the cast. At least thats my experience.

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home