Tuesday, October 10, 2006

That which doesn’t kill me…

Since we last spoke, I finished my index cards and boards and began my rough draft of THE MIDDLE AGES. I just last night got to the end of the first act and am happy to be tracking right around where I want to be page-wise. In the past, I’ve had a tendency to write anorexic first drafts but it appears I’ve outgrown that.

Last weekend, Hubby and I surprised Munchie and Malfoy with a couple nights at the Nickelodeon Hotel across town.


Oy.

The place makes the vibe at Chuck E. Cheese feel like a nursing home.

Next week, I head to Austin for the Austin Film Festival.



(Couldn't find a pic of the cowhide sofa, dang it...)

Looking forward to hanging with old friends and making new ones. Will finally meet my manager in person, which will be cool.

And then… on October 29th… the real insanity begins.

Because I finally succumbed to the little voice in my head which has been nagging me for years to take an Improv class at SAK Comedy Lab. For eight consecutive Sunday nights, I’ll romp and play and risk mortal embarrassment in the hopes that “Improv” will prove as handy a tool in my writer’s belt as I suspect it will. Nietsche would be proud, I think.



SAK’s a cool little club. Back when I was single, I saw a few shows there while briefly dating my co-writer on The-Indie-TV-Drama-That-Never-Was, a talented actor named MindFuck Guy, who was one of the SAK “Lab Rats” at the time. If that’s not enough endorsement, Wayne Brady cut his teeth at SAK and from what I can tell, he's got really great teeth:


I'll let you know how it goes.

Smooches…

5 Comments:

Blogger aggiebrett said...

You know... "that which doesn't kill you" might just end up leaving you in a vegetative non-responsive state.

Just sayin', is all....
.
.
.
B

1:22 PM  
Blogger Scott the Reader said...

Brett must have been a bad stand-up comedian in a past life.

Let us know how it goes :-)

6:25 PM  
Blogger Shawna said...

Dang, Vampirella is HOT.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Chesher Cat said...

Acting is the best thing you can do for your writing. And improv...sheer joy!

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Nick Hotel???

You survived a couple of days of action-packed, dawn-to-dark activities for the whole family?

You ARE tougher than you look!!!

Improv will be no problem...

I'm picturing the Zoe 101 Day Spa, Fairy Godparent's room service and SpongeBob SquarePants mattresses.

Although, I guess SpongeBob's nose could make for some interesting night-time activites (definitely without the whole family).

Good luck at improv and please take this advice. If Wayne Brady asks you to hang with him -- don't do it!!! He's not as nice as he looks!

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home