Saturday, November 03, 2007

The Magical Musical Meme

Thanks for the tag, Shawna, ‘cept you didn’t give me the info! No worries, I went to the source and pulled this:

So here is your assignment for today, dear readers. Find a song that inspires you to write something, whether it gives you an idea for a script or just puts you into a better frame of mind. AND/OR (don't you love choices) peek into the lyrics and find a stanza that sums up the theme of whatever script you're working on. It's quite uncanny how the two circumstances go together.

If possible, post a video of the song to really get people into the mood. (Yep, I'm aware of the irony of using Internet clips during the pissing contest. I like irony as much as bitchiness.)

Then, send the assignment (by e-mail or posting to one of their blog entries) to 5 other writers to do. Inspire the world! Or just some random people from your blogroll, like me. Then pass it on like a gonorrhea outbreak on a Degrassi episode. Woohoo, TV rules!


(Beautiful simile, Rhys!)

Hm… Choices, choices…

Nothing beats my last post for putting me into a better frame of mind, so I’ll go with “Better Together” by Jack Johnson for summing up my current project.

Maybe this sounds strange, but this song reminds me of jumping on a bed, and that’s not a euphemism for some freaky sex thing that I know about and you don’t. I mean really jumping on the bed. Kicking off your shoes and being a big dork. That kind of goofy energy feels like the movie my script, THE MIDDLE AGES, screens in my head.

It’s the energy for me, more than anything, but here’s a chunk of lyrics that are kinda apropos of my story:

Love is the answer
at least for most of the questions in my heart, like
Why are we here? And where do we go?
And how come it's so hard?
It's not always easy and
sometimes life can be deceiving
I'll tell you one thing, it's always better when we're together




And now, I hereby tag:

Tori,
Scotty,
Pat,
MaryAn, and
Annabel

Thanks for reading and best wishes for a strike-free tomorrow…

4 Comments:

Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

I'm on this like white on rice. Like a fly on---well, you get my meaning.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Rhys said...

Awesome! Not only did I get to read a great meme and hear a cool song, I found a new fave blog! Awesome! Did I mention awesome? (And I'm totally in heaven that you got the simile. Canadian teen drama rox!)

Gonna go jump on my bed now. Can you imagine how much healthier we'd all be in we just took some time to jump on a bed once in a while?

12:26 AM  
Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Good stuff. Really good stuff.

4:10 PM  
Blogger annabel said...

Great song choice, Julie. And thanks for the tag ;)

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home