Friday, April 20, 2007

This is crazy this is crazy this is crazy



(Isn't that cool? Somebody created it and put on top of our crew lists. Hope it's on the cast and crew thongs, too. I'd give credit where it's due, but I don't know where that is.)

As of this writing, I have white, blue, yellow, pink, green and now goldenrod drafts of AMERICAN SUMMER (not necessarily in that order).

I have crew lists and day out of days and memos and shooting schedules and coolest-of-the-cool so far, a call sheet with my name up in the "Writer" section.

A couple days ago, I got a phone call out of the blue from the incredibly cool and sweet Rosanna Norton, our costume designer. As you can see, she's worked on a couple of films in her amazing career and knows how disconnected from production the writers often feel, so she touched base to say hi and talk about the script. Her call meant a lot to me. She's busy as hell and doesn't know me at all, but she asked about the evolution of the script and entertained my questions about wardrobe (apparently, Matt doesn't really dig Hawaiian shirts, so remember that when you're doing your Christmas shopping). When we hung up, I felt like I'd been hugged.

John Sciarappa, the office PA I mentioned last entry, kicks major ass -- he sent me a picture he took of himself and Efren in the production offices yesterday.

And how's this for crazy? Mr. Fucking Sulu is playing the MaƮtre d' in a couple scenes!

About five years ago, I tagged along with my husband to a conference in New Orleans. He spent his days at the convention center and I hung back in our hotel room, reading introductory books on screenwriting and toying with the raw chunks of story that would become my first screenplay.

Then, yesterday, I called the "Transportation" number on the AMERICAN SUMMER crew list and arranged to be picked-up at the airport by a teamster or somebody... this Tuesday, April 24th... in New Orleans... where I'm going to watch my movie get made.

Is this crazy or what?

9 Comments:

Blogger aggiebrett said...

George Takei?

OK, congrats-- you have now officially arrived on the List of Cool People In The Universe.

Meanwhile, I'm still over here nipple deep in suck, trying to remember what I've already written once...

Rock on.
.
.
.
B

11:33 PM  
Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

It's crazy with the cheese whiz.

Sounds like fun, looking forward to yer updates! Sweet!

12:15 AM  
Blogger IQCrash said...

Takei is going to be in a movie you wrote.

I officially hate/love you.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Adam Renfro said...

God, it sounds BEE-utiful!

Little know fact, when George Takei came out of the closet, the doors went "Whosssh."

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The opera singing Fratelli brother and George Takei?

Pass the joint and deal the cards... It's my dream poker game!!!

If you start blogging about your guitar playing, we will know where you've been!!!

Thanks for brightening my monday morning!!!

7:50 AM  
Blogger annabel said...

It is really cool to watch a dream coming true! Have the time of your life!

I'm looking forward to all of the updates!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Shawna said...

You know, this is perhaps the coolest thing I've ever known to happen to someone I personally have hugged and had drinks with.

Can't wait to see you again! And lots of luck with production. :)

11:17 AM  
Blogger suzbays said...

Congrats!!!!

7:20 PM  
Blogger C W Magee said...

Dear Julie,
As a geologist with over ten years of professional and postgraduate research and working experience, I can tell you on no uncertain terms:

you = rock!

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home