Sunday, March 18, 2007

Are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet?

What’s the deal with AMERICAN SUMMER? Well, since you asked...

We’ve got additional talent attached, as you can see on the updated IMDB page.

Principal is now set to start April 16th. Warren wants me on set as much as I’m able to be there, which is cool. No, I don't know, yet, how much that will be.

As for THE MIDDLE AGES, my rewrite’s going well. Bill seems happy with his bigger role.

If Munchie and Malfoy hadn’t just spent the last week home with me for Spring Break, I’d be done by now. I should have this draft finished in the next few days… then hopefully a punch and a polish and out.

Improv II is over. Sigh… I worked hard and had a lot of fun this go-round. Finally shook my stupid female vanity and enjoyed getting out of my head and being silly. The instructor, Robyn Pedretti, was fantastic. I love her to pieces – and not just because she said I’m strong and funny (though I do love her extra for that). She advanced me to Improv III, but I don’t think I can take it – the first class meets on my hubby’s birthday, so I’d want to miss it, plus I’d probably miss a class or two to be on set for AMERICAN SUMMER. Good reasons for not taking the eight-session class, but I’ll miss playing with my friends there...

7 Comments:

Blogger aggiebrett said...

On set as in over in that state where they are hoping to film?

Near that town where they like to serve strong drink 24/7?

Good thing you are a boring tee-totaler, else you might be tempted to (ahem) "partake".

Cool beans, mama. Rock on.
.
.
.
B

9:56 PM  
Blogger C W Magee said...

Jules,
Got a deadline for the MIDDLE AGES rewrite?

Tina Joey's roped half a dozen of us into a finish-screenplay-by-memorial-day-or-die pact.

There's plenty of Kool-aid, you're interested.

BTW, I reckon your Bill might get on with my evil scientist, Harry.
Harry, being my principal antagonist, even has a myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/drharryhargraeves

Anyway, best of luck with pool boy. Hope all is well.
-cwmagee

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!!

This is getting too cool... Jake Fratelli from Goonies and Eddie Lebec from Cheers?

I really should have been nicer to you when you were a nobody!

Do you need an assistant on set?

10:18 AM  
Blogger Julie O'Hora said...

That would be N'awlins, B. And I'm neither a tee-totaler, nor boring, as you well know.

***
Chuck, my deadline for the TMA rewrite was the end of February. Luckily, that wasn't set in stone or legalese -- my manager said not to rush, just "make it great." I'll have it done by the end of this week (else I'll throw myself on the mercy of Bill and Dr. Harry Hargraeves, neither of whom is likely to be real merciful).

***
Uncle-Jeff-Melon, are you being sarcastic? Don't make me stuff your hand in a blender while singing an aria -- believe me, you do not want to hear me sing opera.

10:35 AM  
Blogger annabel said...

Keep us posted. I am looking forward to your "on set" stories. It should be interesting!

And have a blast!

("Jake Fratelli from Goonies" - How cool is that!?)

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarcastic? No way. I'm in awe, man!!!

Seriously cool sheet!

Blender call-back, damn. Have I told you lately how cool YOU are?

Keep doing great stuff,

Bob "Uncle Melon" Melonosky Jeff

P.S. Two comments and I haven't even mentioned One-Eyed Willy

11:38 AM  
Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

Awesome stuff. Congrats!

Any idea of a release date? 2007? 2008?

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home