Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Jiffy Lube

I’ve been kinda at a loss for what to write here, lately.

There’s the strike, but, sadly, I live too far away to walk the picket lines and risk bodily injury from Carson Daly’s monster truck or Jay Leno’s donuts. I’m not on the WGA negotiating committee. Nick Counter isn’t my crazy neighbor’s ball-gag wearing gimp (anymore).

So I really have nothing fresh to feed the inquirement of the Strikeosphere. Sure, I can regurg strike intel from other sites, but why? I have it on good authority that Nikki Finke is about as close to accurate as strike reporting can get, so, you want the info? Go there.

I'm an equal opportunity linker and I think it's smart in any dispute to know where your opponent's coming from, so be sure to check the AMPTP's site, too.

With all this excitement, sometimes it's easy to forget that there is other stuff going on in my world.

F’rinstance, tonight’s the last night of Chanukah. Which now gives us about two weeks to get ready for Christmas (mixed family + 2 kids = not cheap). Munchie’s 9 now, and at an age where she’s pretty sure there’s not really a Santa Claus, but is afraid she won’t get any presents if she doesn’t believe. (She debunked the Tooth Fairy last year. Thank god. I was starting to worry she wasn’t as bright as I’d thought.)

A few nights ago, Munchie asked if the phone calls she gets on Christmas each year are really from Santa. I responded, “How should I know? I’m Jewish. Ask Daddy.”

I am not taking that bullet.

In other news, THE MIDDLE AGES is “done” in that not-really-doneish way that screenplays ever are. I may get notes from a couple more brutally-honest-writer-friends, and then maybe I'll have more work 'til it's done-done. But for now, it gathers virtual dust, awaiting the end of the strike, so my way-cool manager can do his thing.

I’m marinating a new spec idea, but haven’t begun actually stringing words on it, yet. I don’t wanna get write-rusty, though, so, in an effort to stay, erm… well-lubed, I’m gonna start blogging more. ‘Course, I say that now... (edited to add: Jeezus -- could I mix more metaphors?!)

I do hate blathering aimlessly. I spec’ed a “Seinfeld” once, but even the show about nothing was still about something. I’ll try not to bore. No promises, though.

6 Comments:

Blogger Fun Joel said...

“How should I know? I’m Jewish. Ask Daddy.”

Ha! Excellent!

And a very merry Chanukah to you Jules. :-)

8:03 PM  
Blogger aggiebrett said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:37 PM  
Blogger aggiebrett said...

I had something to say. That much I am sure of.
.
.
.
B

12:17 AM  
Blogger annabel said...

Happy Chanukah? Merry Chanukah? Either way, I hope it was great! :)

Congratulations on (maybe) finishing The Middle Ages!

9:06 AM  
Blogger C W Magee said...

Well, I don't know about phone calls, but if the kids are misbehaving you might want to warn them that Santa has moved on from coal...

3:00 AM  
Blogger Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Well-lubed? Thats an interesting choice of metaphor.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home